LED lighting can save restaurants money

How LED Lighting in Restaurants Saves Your Business Money

LED lighting can save restaurants money

We can agree that energy consumption in your restaurant is unavoidable. Our reliance on technology is constant. In fact, whether it’s AC in the summer or heat in the winter, there’s always a demand for constant power.

But there’s another constant factor that’s easily overlooked—traditional light bulbs.

Many restaurants looking to improve their energy efficiency have moved away from traditional light sources and turned to LED technology. But what exactly are LEDs and how are they beneficial to the restaurant industry?

What Are LEDs?

LEDs are a manufactured source of light created from diodes. The acronym LED stands for “light emitting diode.”

They were first created by a man named Nick Holonyak, Jr in 1962. He was an employee of General Electric when he discovered the secret to LEDs. A small change in the chemical composition of the diodes he was working with caused them to generate light.

These LEDs were an amazing discovery. This new source of light opened doors to incredible advantages you won’t find in standard light bulbs. LED’s last much longer than conventional bulbs and can reduce energy consumption by a whopping 80 percent!

Types and Uses

One of the greatest benefits of LEDs is the seemingly unlimited uses. These diodes are little, making them incredibly versatile. You can line them up in a row, use one at a time, or bunch them together to make larger sources of light.

We already encounter LEDs in many everyday locations. In fact, you can find them in the indicator lights of appliances. You’ll also see them in decorative areas like lobbies or dining areas.

LEDs are incredibly bright, making them perfect for lighting kitchens and work areas. Once you start to look, you’ll notice them everywhere—and it’s no wonder! They come with a myriad of benefits.

Benefits & Features


LEDs are incredibly beneficial for long-term budget planning. The bulbs take forever to die and outlast traditional bulbs by a long shot. Under the right conditions, an LED bulb can last for 20 years.


If you’re looking for something energy efficient, LED technology is one of the most effective options available. The process of light emission from a diode uses 80% of the energy supplied to it. This leaves only 20% of the energy to be converted to waste energy (eg. heat).

Environmentally Friendly

Are you looking to reduce your impact on the planet? LED light sources are one of the most environmentally friendly solutions. The diodes are completely free of harmful chemicals, unlike standard fluorescent lights.

Are you interested in energy saving technology for your restaurant or kitchen? LEDs are one of the many options we can use to help create an energy plan that works best for you. Contact us today for more information to get started.

Share and Enjoy !

Leave a Reply

Scroll to top